Canned Tuna Paella: Another Favorite

I’m a big fan of canned tunas. I really love them. And, in the spirit of the Lenten season, i’ll be eating canned tuna instead of a full meal. Let’s hope i can stick to that plan. Hehe.

tunapaella For eating/snack, i really enjoy flakes of tuna (in brine or in lemon-flavored liquid) straight from the can. Recently, they started producing ‘tuna paella’. I saw one from a convenience store and decided to try it. I absolutely loved it! It’s a complete meal with the rice and all (although, not in regards to nutrition). The pic on the left is from Century Tuna but I’ve also tried San Marino’s similar product the other day. Honestly, I kinda’ prefer Century’s.

One big disappointment i have with our canned tunas here (or to any canned product in our country) is the lack of easy-open options. It was only exclusive to canned ham and canned beans. While I was staying in Japan, I often took easy-open canned tuna for lunch at the office. It was easy to carry and cleanup afterwards. We didn’t have that here, well, until recently. It’s a good thing that canned tuna paella’s comes with an easy-open can. I guess, since it’s tuna with rice – they are marketed as an instant meal. Straight out of the can.

Just one weird thing. Eating it directly from the can makes me feel like I’m stealing from my cat. It looks like cat food! Haha.

Well, it still tastes good and very convenient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get an OEC at NAIA

How to Apply for a Japan Visa in Singapore

How to get an OEC online